Assignment Terms for Locum GP Cover Bookings
This template terms and condition is supplied by Locum.co.uk to govern the relationship between the Practice and the Locum. The Practice and Locum may use a different standard terms provided it does not conflict with their agreements with Locum.co.uk.
- Bookings: All bookings must be confirmed via Locum.co.uk - once confirmation is received, the booking is considered a firm contract on both parties, and an acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Appointments: All appointments must be a minimum of 10 minutes long. The last appointment should be booked to finish at the end time. E.g. if you have booked me to work until 6:00pm, the last appointment should begin no later than 5:50pm.
- Extras: If you would like me to see extra patients (over and above the number booked in), you must send an email confirmation to Locum.co.uk and myself prior to the commencement of the extra work. I am usually happy to do so, and I will charge at the agreed hourly rate in 15 minute increments.
- Home visits: I am happy to do visits if they are requested in advance (at the time of booking). These will be charged according to the rate agreed on my behalf by Locum.co.uk. The charge will include travel time and writing up the notes on my return.
- Cancellation by the practice: If the practice needs to cancel a booking, you will need to inform me as soon as possible via Locum.co.uk. It is at my discretion whether to charge the you a cancellation fee according to the notice period given for the cancellation as follows:
- during or within 24 hours of the Assignment start date 100%.
- within one week but more than 24 hours of the Assignment start date 50%
- within 1 month and more than 1 week of the Assignment start date 25%
- more than 1 month of the Assignment start date there is no charge.
- Cancellation by me: In the unlikely event that I am unable to provide cover as booked at short notice (e.g. due to emergency), I will inform you and Locum.co.uk as soon as practical and Locum.co.uk will endeavour to find a suitable replacement.
- Fees: My fee & hourly rate shall be agreed with you by Locum.co.uk on my behalf. It is inclusive of any VAT and Pension. I.e. you do not have to pay anything extra to me.
- Expenses: I will only charge for expenses pre-agreed with you.
- NHS Pension: As stated in item (7), my fee is inclusive of the employer’s contribution element for the NHS Pension, should I am or become eligible for the NHS pension scheme. The invoice will include a separate a separate line on the invoice to show the amount payable by the practice for the employer’s contribution. The practice will also need to complete a Locum A form. This will be collected by Locum.co.uk on my behalf.
- Payment: I will invoice you for all work done via my invoice agent Healthcare Payment Service (HPS) or their permitted assigns. You agree to pay any invoices raised within the terms agreed on my behalf by Locum.co.uk. All payment should be sent to my HPS account (or as otherwise stipulated by HPS), not to me directly. The payment details will be on the invoices.
- Future bookings: All future bookings for me must be booked via Locum.co.uk
- Self-Employed: I am a self-employed locum or a limited company and am responsible for my own employment and other taxes. As a practice, you are only responsible for paying the fees stated on my invoices.